Here’s a recap of my Q+A yesterday on my IG stories.Read More
Some thoughts on a Wednesday...
See the above image to explain my mood about Instagram lately. 😖😜 I've really been struggling with my Instagram posts and the platform in general. Since the recent algorithm changes, I've seen and felt some paint points from it. Last year at this time, I was determined to build a platform and community that was founded on the principle of being meaningful, honest, fun and kind. I am incredibly proud to have built such a great community, and my goal is to create content for you that you love. Now with the changes, it's incredibly frustrating that 80-90% of you can't see what I'm working on!
As a creative soul, I've always known that I was destined for an atypical career path but I never knew what that meant. My work through this blog and social media has ignited a spark in me, a true passion. I really enjoy what I'm doing here, I'm growing and learning something new each day. However, the best part of this job is that I get to connect with people like you from ALL over the world. There's seriously nothing like hearing from you, I really appreciate hearing your thoughts and opinions. I feel so much pride when I think about the little fam we've created here. Every like, comment, direct message and vote is noticed and I couldn't be more grateful. If it wasn't for you, I wouldn't even be in this position. So, thank you for helping me make my dreams come true and joining me in this incredible journey!
Alright, alright- enough of the gushy stuff! Although I could really go on all day, just to reiterate how much I appreciate you because I don't think I say it enough. 😘 Now, I'd like to introduce you to some new content that will be happening! My goal is to create fun and new content that you love, which is why I can't wait to announce something special here! I'd like to implement a new Instagram Q&A series on Instagram LIVE! Yes, LIVE! (I'm a little scared, not gonna lie). I'm hoping to do it this weekend- Saturday or Sunday.
I'd like to try this is for a few reasons. First and foremost, I want to constantly keep my content new and fresh and engaging. Secondly, I enjoy pushing myself out of my comfort zone. I'm a little bit terrified to go live because anything can happen! But in spirit of embracing it all, I think this could be a fun way to show you a different side of me you might not always see. Lastly & most importantly, I absolutely love chatting with you through your comments and direct messages. I feel like you all are my close friends! My hope is for this to be a more casual and candid version of me. I want to get to know you better too!
In spirit of not going on Instagram Live alone and afraid, please leave a comment below of something you'd like me to answer! Ask me anything, within reason! 😉 Also, please let me know which day you'd prefer! Even if you can't watch it live, I'll be able to save it to my profile to view later. I can't wait to see what you're wondering, so please leave the questions below! I'll have some questions for you too.
This week on my Instagram Story, I asked what kinds of things you wanted to see on the blog and you all voted for me to write another "Let's Get Caught Up" post! I've been having so much fun with these Instagram Polls- it's been so interesting to see what you all have been thinking. More often than not, your answers are very surprising to me! They've been super helpful though when it comes to creating content that you want to see. The first "Let's Get Caught Up" did so well, so here we go again!
Some things I've been up to lately:
- Joined a new gym! Every now and then I need to switch things up to keep myself motivated and excited about working out. I've found when things get monotonous, I put less effort in. The new gym I joined is offered to only women- which I have been loving!
- Had the honor of joining my friend and fellow bride-to-be Kristin during her dress shopping journey. We didn't end up finding anything, but we had a fun day! We don't get to see each other often, so anytime we get together is a good time. It's been so fun to go through this wedding planning process with her.
- Worked New York City's lingerie Market Week for one of my favorite clients! It's five days of meetings when companies / retailers come visit lingerie brands to see what new styles they want to buy for the coming year. My job as a model is to fit the bras perfectly and show the buyers how the garments fit on a real body! So basically it’s live modeling, standing in a board room in my undies. 😂👙 Sounds weird, but I've gotten used to it!
- Traveled to Miami for a three day work trip for another one of my clients! It was so nice to feel the sunshine and see palm trees- even though I was inside working most of the time. It really makes me excited for my Thanksgiving/birthday vacation down in Florida!
- Lastly, I have been working on a REALLY exciting project for about six weeks now. I've had to keep it a secret, but I will finally be able to announce it on Monday! I cannot wait! Please stay tuned on my Instagram around midday for the special announcement. 😍 In the meantime, I'll be taking a little social media break over this weekend to focus on family time and to decompress. I'll be back on Monday with my special news!
Some things I'm loving lately:
- I've been fully embracing the mule / slides trend this year - it's borderline addition status. That's why I was SO EXCITED to find a pair that were only $40! Check them here!
- Ollie dog food- well, I haven't been enjoying it but my dog Walter sure has! It's wholesome, human-grade, and full of fruits and veggies—nothing artificial ever. It has customized portions based on your dog's activity level, age, and more. I am currently working on getting a special discount code from them for you! Stay tuned for that! 🐾
- Anyone looking for a digital camera, I just bought this Sony one and my life is changed forever! It's the best digital camera out there right now and it's SO easy to use.
- One of my all time favorite bloggers @MalloryErvin just posted her pregnancy announcement and it made me shed a lil tear- so stinking cute!
- SOUP! I love trying all different kinds of soups during the fall- sometimes to a fault (I'm bad at eating leftovers). However this Skinnytaste southwestern inspired soup is a winner!
Sometimes it’s important for me to really relax, unwind and be away from social media. I often get so caught up in it and distracted that I need to make a conscious choice to take a break. What do you do to relax and unwind? I can't wait to read what you do in the comment section below!