Sometimes when life brings you new opportunities, it's hard to keep up with blogging! So something I wanted to do is introduce a new series called "Let's Get Caught Up" where we all share what we have been up to recently! I think it's so important to reflect on your week and the discoveries that you made, so I'm very excited to share this new series with you all!
Some things I've been up to lately:
It's been a long time since I've been home for a full week in Buffalo. When I'm traveling (for different modeling jobs), it's very important for me to have some "family time" at home for at least a few days to ground myself. It's the perfect time to get some personal and professional work done!
Here's what I've been up to in the past few weeks:
- Went to a bachelorette party in Concord/ Gilford / Alton Bay, NH to celebrate one of my girlfriends, Courtney. Her wedding is in a few weeks on top of a mountain, we have to take a chairlift to the ceremony! So excited for that!
- Said goodbye to my lease and purchased my very first pre-owned vehicle! I researched, went test driving and negotiated. With just a teeny help from Brian- I handled it all on my own! Adult-ing hard over here. I ended up with a Mazda CX-5 and I'm loving it! Overall, it ended up being a pretty painless experience.
- Photographed by the legendary Nicole LeBris Creative in Jersey City during one of my NY trips! This mama-to-be is a visionary behind the camera. I was overdue for some new images and I wanted to shoot with her before she has her baby girl, which can be any day now! Pictures coming soon. My girl Maxey Greene styled the shoot. Check out her styling website (and a sneak peek of our shoot) here!
- Celebrated my future in-laws’ 40th wedding anniversary. We were all supposed to travel down to Florida for a long weekend, but Irma had other plans. We ended up having beautiful weather in Buffalo for some fun filled family time!
- Toured the brand new Whole Foods in Buffalo! I was so honored to get an exclusive look of the store before it opened. I was incredibly touched by the thoughtful product sourcing from local companies. If you are in the area and haven't gone yet- that is a must!
Some things I'm loving:
- What is it about wedding videos? They always make me cry, even if I don't know the bride and groom personally. One of my favorite bloggers, Mallory Ervin posted hers today and gave me all the feels.
- I've been on the hunt for comfortable, stylish, pointy red heels. DSW is my go-to for shoes since I wear a size 11. These are still in the mail but I'm so excited to try! Ok fine, I ordered these too... just to see. :) Can't beat that price!
- JUMPSUITS! I'm loving the trend but I've been hesitant to try. Curious to know if there's any curvy girls out there who have rocked the look? I recently ordered a few from Nordstrom and I'm hoping to pull off one for a wedding guest look.
- Spaghetti squash. It has become a weekly staple in my household! Ever since I found Damn Delicious' "how-to" guide on how to cook one perfectly, I've been on a major kick. I've perfected my chicken pad thai - you don't even miss the rice noodles! Maybe one of these days I will post my recipe.
What have you all been loving lately? I can't wait to read what you have been up to in the comment section below!