Hello, my friends- it’s your favorite over packer here. Typically on vacations, I thoroughly enjoy over packing. Since I travel so much for work, I always have to pack efficiently. So I like having options… However, I didn’t really have much of a choice for this most recent trip to Europe. My trip there included three different flights, with more travel in between so I didn’t want to deal with it. To be honest, I really struggled with this and did a ton of research. It was really difficult for me but I always enjoy a challenge and let me tell you, it CAN be done. It is possible, here are some tips that helped me and what I brought along for this trip! Be sure to tune into my IG stories for more tips and to see how I’ve styled everything!
Here’s what I brought:
5 bottoms + a dress:
black jeans, blue jeans, leather leggings, regular leggings, sweatpants
4 jackets/ outerwear layers
wool coat, packable down coat, moto jacket, light blazer
4 pairs of shoes
white sneakers, black flats, tan mules, flip flops for walking around hotel room + set
5 blouses, 3 tees, 2 thin sweaters, 1 chunky sweater
accessories + pajamas
packing / luggage essentials
1. Start thinking/ visualizing outfits weeks in advance. If you don’t have weeks to plan, at least start a few days before. The anxiety of last minute packing can definitely cause you to overpack. I had a few Pinterest boards that kept me inspired and thinking about outfits.
2. Pick your pants first. This helped me get started and allowed me to more easily choose my tops. Make sure all of your tops match with the majority of your bottoms. This will allow you to mix and match outfits without feeling repetitive.
3. Hang or lay everything out before you even think about pulling out your luggage. It’s really great to see everything and envision outfits BEFORE you jam them into your luggage. This can also help you edit/ eliminate things down.
4. Use packing cubes. Yes, do it- I’m serious and they are worth the hype. They help keep you organized and pack a TON of stuff into them, which later makes it easy to pack into your luggage and unpack wherever you may be headed.
5. Use this STRETCH Athleisure spray and give your clothes a spritz every time you wear something. I’ve been using it the past few days and LOVING it!
Are you liking this travel content? Would love to hear any feedback below! xx